NORTH SYDNEY SPORTS MEDICINE – COVID SAFE MEASURES
North Sydney Sports Medicine is a registered COVIDSAFE PRACTICE. We are taking the following measures to help stop the spread and keep you safe:
WELLBEING OF STAFF & VISITORS
- Offering telehealth appointments where possible.
- Asking patients not to attend the clinic if experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms, if they have attended a known hotspot, or if they have been advised by NSW Health to isolate for any reason.
- Keeping up to date with changing policy and procedural outlines from NSW Health and peer Guidelines within the practice.
- Providing adequate training and public notices to patients regarding NSW Health Guidelines.
- Implementing a COVID policy for practitioners and staff, ensuring they stay home if they are exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms and don’t return to work until they have tested negative for COVID-19.
- Created a positive case management policy and informed all staff.
- Ensuring social distancing rules can be followed in the waiting room
- Patients are requested to wear a face mask at all times while in the clinic when there is an amber alert situation
- When in amber alert – adhering to social distancing between staff, patients and practitioners. Where this is not possible ensuring masks are worn.
HYGIENE & CLEANING
- Increased cleaning and disinfection protocols for high touch areas including regular cleaning of waiting room and cleaning of consult rooms between patients.
- Washing and sanitising hands: Patients and staff are encouraged to regularly wash and sanitise hands.
- Ensuring soap, sanitiser, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, and face masks are available at all times.
- Bedding has been removed from consult rooms and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between patients.
- Migrated from clinic-grade disinfectant to hospital-grade disinfectant certifiedto eliminate the Covid-19 pathogen by the Australian Government’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
- All patients and visitors to the practice are required to register their attendance by using the QR code.